You are warmly invited to join us for worship at 9:15 am in the church building.
Coffee fellowship follows the service downstairs.
Our services are also broadcast on live Zoom, at 9:15 am. For the Zoom info, please contact our minister through our contact page on this website.
COVID requirements for worship:
Masking is encouraged, but optional.
Full vaccination is encouraged for attending worship.
Please self-screen for COVID symptoms before entering the church.
If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend in-person worship, and please join us online on Zoom for worship.
For the Zoom link, feel free to contact us through the contact page of this website or call our church office number.
We are a welcoming, caring congregation of the United Church of Canada, with all of the warmth of a small family-sized church.
WHO WE ARE:
• an open and welcoming Christian congregation
• accepting, diverse and progressive in our social views
• thoughtful people who create a safe environment in which to question and explore
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
• That all people are created equal in the eyes of God.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
• Work to improve the living conditions of those less fortunate than ourselves
• Extend a helping hand to those in need
• Welcome those who attend our services no matter what background , varying abilities they bring
• Respect all people and opinions and create an open environment for discussion
• Accept those of varying race, creed and colour as well as values as children of God
• Learn about our world and our place in it in relation to God
• Provide good stewardship for our earth in old as well as new and innovative ways
• Partner in the community in as many ways as we can to improve the lives of all those who live and work nearby
• Provide a secular gathering place for community activities as well as a place of worship
• Create an accessible environment for all wishing to enter our facilities for whatever purpose
STATEMENT OF WELCOME
Who is welcome here?
You’re welcome here if you’re female, male, or transgender…
You’re welcome here if you’re rich or poor, single, married, or divorced, gay, straight, or bisexual …
We welcome people of all cultures and ethnicities ...
We extend a special welcome to those who are a crying new-born, learning English as a second language, skinny as a rail or struggling to lose a few pounds…
You’re welcome if you can sing like Anne Murray or can’t carry a note in a bucket…
You’re welcome here if you’re “just browsing”, just woke up, or just got out of jail…
We don’t care if you’re a life-long United Church member, have never stepped foot in a church, or haven’t attended church since little Joey’s Baptism…
We extend a special welcome to those who are over 60 but haven’t grown up yet, and teenagers who feel like they have grown up…
We welcome soccer moms, hockey dads, starving artists, tree-huggers, latte-sippers, vegetarians, junk-food eaters…
If you’re in recovery, or still addicted, or blew all your offering money at the race track, you’re welcome here…
You’re welcome if you’re having problems, down in the dumps or, if you don’t like “organized religion” …
We offer a special welcome to those who think the earth is flat, work too hard, don’t work, can’t spell, or wanted to go to church because grandma is in town…
We welcome those who are inked, pierced or both…
A special welcome to those who could use a prayer right now, had religion shoved down your throat as a kid or got lost in traffic and wound up here by mistake...
Welcome to those of diverse abilities. We're working to make our church fully accessible for all people!
We welcome tourists, seekers and doubters, bleeding hearts … and of course, you! Following Jesus’ example of radical, generous hospitality, we invite you to join us in our shared ministry as a community of faith so that together we can embody God’s reign of love, justice and wholeness in our world.
Goodwood United Church is currently searching for permanent part time musician (pianist) to accompany our Sunday worship services.
Please contact us through the contact page of our website if you would be interested in viewing the job posting in order to apply.